1. Help Center
  2. TAE40116
  3. Is this course right for me?

Do I need to have any other qualifications before I enrol in a TAE?

Trainers and assessors must have vocational competence in the subject area that are going to be working in. It will depend on the actual guidelines of the qualification if you need to hold the qualification or you can map your equivalent skills to the qualification.

Talk to potential employers – find out what they are looking for when employing new trainers and assessors.

Look for job vacancies on SEEK – that’s an easy way to find out what RTOs are looking for when employing trainers and assessors.

You can start your TAE without any other qualifications – however, you should always check with potential employers – what are their expectations.